Professional accreditation for rejuvenated HRM courses
Published on 27 September, 2012
The Bachelor of Business-Major in HRM has received three years' accreditation with the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) and the Master of Management-HR has received one year's accreditation and will re-apply next year once some program changes have been undertaken...
The National Accrediting Board was impressed by the accreditation advisory committee which included academics and senior HR practitioners drawn from the Gladstone and Rockhampton regions, including:
- Stephen Bowden, General Manager - HR, Gladstone Port Corporation, Gladstone
- Michelle Ferguson, Senior Employee Relations Advisor (Org. Development), Queensland Health, Rockhampton
- Ryl Gardner, Derridale, Brisbane
- Hayley MacDonald, HR Manager, Organisational Capability, Central Queensland Institute of TAFE, Rockhampton
- Dominic Page, HR Manager, Boyne-Smelters (Rio Tinto), Gladstone
- Glenn Sheppard, Director, Central Queensland HR, Rockhampton
- Rhett Stubbs, Senior HR Advisor (Central), Ergon Energy, Rockhampton
- Barbara Miller, Director, People & Culture, CQUniversity, Rockhampton
- Raleigh Wallace, HRM Student representative, CQUniversity Rockhampton
Dr Roslyn Cameron (Head of Discipline-HRM and Fellow of AHRI) and Dr Ezaz Ahmed (Lecturer in HRM and CAHRI) worked for a year on this application and associated curriculum rejuvenation, along with various teams of people involved at different stages in the process, including the HRM discipline team.
They would like to thank all those involved and hope they join the Dean, Professor Roger March and the School in celebrating this achievement.